March 8, 2011

James Nesbitt Interview:Says RA is Master Horseman(link below) + THE HOBBIT Name Generator -- finally something concrete *winks*


HOBBIT News: Thanks to today's report from richardarmitagenet.com we know that fellow dwarf James Nesbitt had complimentary comments about RA's horsemanship skills.  Good excuse to reminisce..



As a newbie to the LOTR trilogy, this seems to be an appropriate place to insert a vid of my fav baddies amongst many.  The orcs are stunningly ugly but the black riders are uncannily eerie yet somehow elegant.  Their persistant pursuit of Froddo was the only time I'd truly felt apprehension for his safety in all 3 films,,,errr,,,that humungous black spider might've caused my skin to crawl slightly as well;)
Visual Tweet Update:

Immediate Disclaimer:)  This was not my idea..must admit it didn't take much effort for Sue's suggestion  to take hold.  Obviously we have far too much time on our hands in this lead up to THE HOBBIT filming;)  Anyway, Sue commented on Daniel Craig's appearance in drag yesterday, for International Womens Day..then wondered aloud what RA might look like in same situation.  She has high hopes for him as a glamorous female - doesn't all that stubble spoil the effect..*chuckling*

Your fav GoG shirt...



RA reading poet Ted Hughes letters - creatively used to show what would've been a similar situation if Guy and Marian had actually lived and experienced ep 13 of Robin Hood2...



Reveal my Hobbit name:
Belba Danderfluff of Willowbottom

[DanderFLUFF..is it a positive omen?;]
http://chriswetherell.com/hobbit/


You also have an elven name:
Nellas Calmcacil

[Calmacil sounds like a pharmaceutical sedative of some sort, doesn't it;)...I'll stay with Danderfluff thank you]
http://chriswetherell.com/elf/







NZ tour guide's culinary delights recommendations for those of you planning a visit:
Tour guide’s favorite spots  in Wellington, NZ area ( Cafes and such)

>The best coffee and best chocolate (my two weaknesses) can be found at Ciocco cafe, on Tory Street. It's a tiny little place and you could walk past it three times before you noticed it, but the chocolate is from Schoc in Greytown, and pretty much unbeatable. Disclosure - the guy is a good friend of mine, but only because I go there so often! For breakfast there's no going past Sweet Mother's Kitchen in Courtenay Place (near the Embassy Cinema)<
Ciocco, chocolaterie & espresso bar, Wellington NZ
http://www.ciocco.co/
http://www.sweetmotherskitchen.co.nz/
Scorch-o-Rama Cafe, all on the Miramar Peninsula ("Wellywood central");
http://www.scorchorama.co.nz/
Menu looks delish http://www.scorchorama.co.nz/menus.html
http://www.middleearthnews.net/2011/03/q-with-man-who-walks-lotr-everyday.html


Sir Ian's public photo gallery..there are definitely beautiful saving graces to compensate for the frequent quake threats..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianmckellen/sets/72157626042104417/


Spooks9 writers li'l joke captured by bccmee...

Answer to poll query:  'KING LEAR' Excerpt:

"O, reason not the need: our basest beggars
Are in the poorest thing superfluous:
Allow not nature more than nature needs,
Man's life's as cheap as beast's: thou art a lady;
If only to go warm were gorgeous,
Why, nature needs not what thou gorgeous wear'st,
Which scarcely keeps thee warm. But, for true need,--
You heavens, give me that patience, patience I need!
You see me here, you gods, a poor old man,
As full of grief as age; wretched in both!
If it be you that stir these daughters' hearts
Against their father, fool me not so much
To bear it tamely; touch me with noble anger,
And let not women's weapons, water-drops,
Stain my man's cheeks! No, you unnatural hags,
I will have such revenges on you both,
That all the world shall--I will do such things,--
What they are, yet I know not: but they shall be
The terrors of the earth. You think I'll weep
No, I'll not weep:
I have full cause of weeping; but this heart
Shall break into a hundred thousand flaws,
Or ere I'll weep. O fool, I shall go mad!"

             

                             

12 comments:

Musa said...

Hi Nellas,

My Hobbit names is May Proudfoot of Standelf and by elf name is Annie Faelivrin

Very cute!

Ricrar said...

G'day Ms Proudfoot of Standelf..very dignified indeed;)

Thought I might meld both my hobbit/elven names to BelNell Danderfluff of Willowbottom. We'll need to locate Standelf & Willowbottom on a map of MiddleEarth...hope they're close to the Blue Mtns - Thorin's stomping grounds.

Wasn't Nesbitt gracious to be so complimentary of Richard's horsemanship expertise. He also said they watched all 3 LOTR films as a group. Wouldn't you love to have been a orc under a seat for that event. hahaha

I've only been introduced to those movies in the past few mos---actually avoided them for yrs due to the fantasy aspect. All caught up now with assorted baddies thx to frequent airing of the trilogy on Starz. If you don't already have that network , perhaps you'd be interested in checking out the subscription. The rate is very reasonable for us and it includes 20 movie channels(& upcoming new Camelot series in Apr)

Of course, the majority of the films are truly crappy. Happily there are gems to be found amongst the cinematic trash that make it well worthwhile.

Sue said...

Hi RiCrAr,

I love my Hobbit name of Lobelia Boffin of Whitefurrows!

Glad to hear that Richard hasn't lost any of those horseriding skills, not much they will be able to teach him after attending the Robin Hood sessions. My what a fine figure he makes on those horses! He always seemed to sit bolt upright as though he had a wooden stake up his ar....er back. My fave scene was when Guy had RH tied to his horse and brought him back to Nottingham with Marian looking on as he was lead back to the castle. Gosh those thighs!

I must mention the clip of Daniel Craig (aka James Bond) who dressed up in drag for International Women's Day yesterday. Couldn't help but wonder what Richard would look like dressed up as a woman (I'm weird like that). Unfortunately Daniel Craig looked rather like a washed-up hooker, but I bet Richard would make a real cracker in a long blonde wig. Now just one question, do you think Richard is a tights or a stockings and suspenders kind of girl/guy? With those long slender legs he'd be a hit!

Here's the link to YouTube and Daniel Craig in drag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6E7chb7Pt4&feature=player_embedded#at=33

Ricrar said...

Thx for the link Ms Lobelia Boffin of Whitefurrows.

Your wish is my command..see pic above - thankfully stubblicious gets in the way;)

Sue said...

I love your photo of Richard with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon (he's in good company anyway - wasn't that from "Men like it hot?") The stubble does spoil it a little though. I'm sure I remember Richard mentioning in an interview that he played a woman on stage once, (perhaps it was at drama school) or is my imagination playing tricks on me? Now that I would have liked to have seen. One up on a bannana though! (But not as good as a cat costume)

Ricrar said...

"Some Like it Hot" Sue..prefer your title though, or even more accurately - "The Majority of Men Like it Hot" ;)

Have you watched the CATS vid on you tube - one of the dancers is supposedly RA. Very tall man in a dark blue sleevless top(referred to here as tank or the eloquent term 'wifebeater' shirt) w/slicked back ponytail looks like a young Richard. Have you identified him?

Sue said...

RiCrAr,

I realised later that I'd got the title of the film wrong, a golden oldie (no not me, the film!). I was hot and bothered thinking of Richard in suspenders! What a hoot that would be!

I have seen the clip of the dancer on YouTube re Cats. The actor is very similar to Richard in height etc. but I don't think it's Richard, the movements are all wrong. Richard has a unique way of moving, plus excellent thighs. I can't see Richard with a ponytail either, if he did have one he would certainly go down in my estimation of him. (I hate men with ponytails). One more thing watching the video of Cats (and others vids/pics)he and all those other dancers must surely have had ballet training to move and dance in such a way, very sleek and supple. (Now an image of Richard in a tutu springs to mind!)There's obviously more to Richard and dancing than we fans are aware of, plus the voice when they are singing in Cats would have to be reasonably good too!

Ricrar said...

Well, RA did take dance lessons for many years in his youth BUT no way I'm putting him in a tutu;) hahaha...think of those muscular thighs and all that stubble in a tutu. Heehee

Don't imagine we'll see Thorin dance other than during his swordplay scenes which Richard manages to make look like a dance....ooooh, Lord of the Dance!...back soon...in fact, Riverdance is very topical right now w/St Pat's day only a week away.

Had an offer from an American on twitter who gave up his regular job & flew all the way to NZ in hopes of somehow wrangling work in The Hobbit production. The tour guide mentioned in an earlier post has mentioned him at his blog as worthy of a job with the movie crew. The American is a cameraman - his twitter name is hobbitworker. Wouldn't it be a blast if he'd manage to fulfill his dream...fingers crossed for him.

Off I go to see if RA wants to be a lord of the dance *giggling*...back soon.

Regina =^D said...

Just thought I'd share my names.
Hobbit name: Lila Hardbottle
Elven name: Tarí Elanessë

=^D

Ricrar said...

Welcome Ms Lila Tari Hardbottle Elanesse...whew! that's quite a mouthful, isn't it? Perhaps we should choose our fav of the 2 - in my case, I've a fondness for hobbit name Belba Danderfluff of Willowbottom. Should any mix of the elven&hobbit names be considered legal here in Thorin territory? *getting into MiddleEarth's fantasy mode* ;)

Sue said...

Actually when I've watched Richard in a fight scene he looks as though he is dancing rather than fighting. I think perhaps that's the secret to being good at fight scenes, it's all in the footwork, like learning dance steps. It's obviously a knack, and being a dancer has got to be an advantage.

By the way am I the only one to notice a few spot-like marks on Richard's forehead (and nose?). I think they may be old scars from having had chickenpox as a child (I have one, not saying where though!)They are the result of scratching the spots when infected. (My mum covered me in calamine lotion and put mitts on me when I had chickenpox!What a sight I must have looked!). Anyone else have any theories on how he got them? Or did he have a bit of acne? (Do you think, like me, he has more anywhere else?)

Ricrar said...

How many people in this world can describe the location of your chickenpox scar, Sue. Teehee..no need to answer..probably too many to count. haha*li'l joke..very little;)

As for those tiny marks on RA's forehead/nose, they could easily be from the hormone heavy teen years when most of us battled embarrassing breakouts.

Richard in particular has had so many extreme closeups and super-sized pic enlargements by fans - I'm always amazed at how tiny his pores are - they look almost non-existant. Would love to know his skincare routine--does he use special products or is all the good fortune contained in his DNA...most likely the latter.