August 28, 2011

Spooks Past Posts + Link to Sunday Express Comments(see below) + RA's Thank You + Catching Up on Birthday FanVids


NEWS:  RichardArmitageNet website(see below link) reports today the complimentary remarks included in a UK Sunday newspaper about RA's Lucas North performance... 
Quote: 28th August

David Stephenson of the Sunday Express has reviewed Strike Back series 2, with a few paragraphs discussing Richard's career. "Armitage has now moved to films in the form of The Hobbit but we look forward to him appearing in a spy drama again on TV. He is strangely more believable and effective than the real thing."
Read entire article at:   http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/pressreviews/137.html
                 


Spooks 9 Past Posts: both commenting about a recent Spooks 9 episode…


Oct, 2010: (just had a good chuckle upon rereading my reference to Maya working in a ‘topless bar’, when in fact it was deciphered sometime later that Lucas had said in a ‘tapas’ bar..*teehee*
http://allthingsrarmitage.blogspot.com/2010/10/guardian-writers-comment-about-ln.html
Sept , 2010:
http://allthingsrarmitage.blogspot.com/2010/09/richard-armitage-as-lucas-north-random.html


                              


                 
[Ricrar note:  See mis-spelling of Italy:) Proof his keyboard skills have improved but charmingly not yet at the tell-tale, error-free jaded professional level...here's hoping that never happens]

Dear Friends,


I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you for all the kind gifts which have been sent to me over the last few weeks, for my birthday; so many gifts, cards and emails of good wishes from all over the world. (Poland, Ukraine, Japan, Russia, Germany, Korea, Itlay, USA, Canada, Netherlands and all over the UK)

I will be so 'well read', drunk, fat, warm and sweet smelling thanks to your generosity.

I am particularly excited to let you know that the "Just Giving" donations to our four charities has reached an amazing £11,933! In addition to donations to Oxfam and Christchurch Earthquake appeal, which I find both thoughtful and moving.

I am afraid there may be some delay in remitting thank you letters and any requests for signing photos, as I am in New Zealand for the rest of the year, but am working on a system to remedy this.

So middle age has arrived and apparently 'life now begins'. I look forward to the next chapter, there is nowhere I would rather be at this moment than exploring "Middle Earth" with my new family of Dwarves, Elves, Men, Wizard and Hobbit. What a gift to be here, in this place, at this time. I can't wait to share it with everyone. I am a very fortunate man.
Much love
RA

Message provided courtesy of RAonline website:

http://www.richardarmitageonline.com/

Past post: June 22



              

                          

10 comments:

Musa said...

Welcome Back!

What a way to start a Monday with those gorgeous pics of RA! I could stay looking at them all day.

Thanks for the last one especially :)

Sue said...

RiCrAr,

Glad to hear you are safe and well and not in the path of hurricane Irene! For those effected and who live in New York and South Carolina, stay safe! Apparently part of the storm has broken off and is heading for England, but it will only bring some strong winds and rain with it, so they say.

Anyone read Richard's message on the Richardarmitageonline website? What a sweetie.

Ricrar said...

My pleasure Musa...agreed the last one(Lucas in Moscow) is a scorcher. I was reminded of it recently while watching one of Angie's fanvids. She showed LN standing in front of the Kremlin with the caption - "Two impressive structures--one of course is LN"


Thx Sue. My fingers will be crossed that the part of Irene heading towards the UK has mellowed while crossing the pond:) If not, offer her a cup of tea and she'll no doubt finally calm down.

Yes, RA's thank you message to his fans is really adorable. Thx for reminding me to fetch it for anyone who hasn't already seen it.

Still waiting for Recognize mag's interview with Richard. They've kept us dangling long enough - as some Americans would eloquently say: "either put up or shut up":)

Sue said...

RiCrAr,

Why do I get the feeling that Richard's "remedy" for getting a system up and running concerning his fanmail is getting his mum to trapse half way across the world with a couple of bin bags full of letters and pressies from fans? It might be a bit of a busman's holiday for her poor love, making sure all his fanmail is dealt with, but it might be an opportunity for quite a nice holiday with her lovely son. (Might cramp Richard's style a bit though - concerning his love life!Or maybe mum could vet any potential girlfriends?)

Ricrar said...

LOL Sue..Do you think RA's mum would object to her son engaging in a polygamous marriage?...get the uneasy feeling she might frown on it..wonder why;) *a girl can dream*

Although your idea of his parents visiting him in NZ has probably entered his mind, I doubt the plan would be to put her to work on fan mail.

When I read "working on a system" my first thought was that he'd hire a professional service to get the job done, or perhaps expand the staff already in place. So, any fans living in the Leicester/Coventry area might want to scan the help wanted ads daily. How might the ad read?

"positions available for anyone interested in reading/sorting letters from love-crazed fangurls please send your application to "RA's Mum" (no further address necessary:)

Laura said...

I have to tell you this... I was listening to Rush this afternoon (yep, I'm a Dittohead), and he was talking about Richard Armitage. Not Our Man, but the politician... I was working, and kept getting these little jolts, and had to remind myself, "no, he's not talking about *him*!" It was very distracting. Funny, though.

Sue said...

RiCrAr,

To be honest I can't imagine Richard wanting to farm out his fanmail to a paid hand, somehow I get the feeling he'd rather have it dealt with by someone he can trust, like his mum. (She's been doing it for quite a while now, so she must be a dab hand at reading all our slush (sorry fanmail). I remember receiving my autograph from Richard and on my S.A.E. someone had managed to spill ink all over the envelope I'd addressed back to myself. Thankfully it hadn't soaked through to the the piccy of Richard. It was posted in Leicester though and whoever was working their way through the log-jam of mail had been writing over my envelope and had put a big tick on it (obviously to signify it had been dealt with). I wonder if perhaps mum hands the required item for Richard to autograph and then she ticks it off and puts it in the SAE and posts it off? Sounds like they make a good team to me. (Well she was a secretary and us secretaries can be very efficient - speaking as an ex-secretary myself!Mind you I could come out of retirement and help Richard with his paperwork if asked).

The journalist from the Sunday Express seemed very complimentary about Richard in a sort of back-handed way. Strange he should say he would like to see him back in a spy drama on TV - do you think he knows something we don't? I seem to remember another journalist mentioning Richard making a possible appearance in Spooks again but dismissed it as a slip of the tongue, maybe I was wrong? (Well we never did she that lovely body of his splattered all over the ground now did we?And no, I'm not referring to Peter Firth, perish the thought!)

PS: Glad I didn't get ticked off RiCrAr and accused of being disrespectful for mentioning RA's mum and potential girlfriends, any comments by me are usually done tongue in cheek and not to be taken too seriously.

Ricrar said...

Laura, have you ever seen the two RAs photos shown side by side? It's hilarious. A Brit obviously was amused by them and added the caption "British Richard Armitage on the left and US version on the right" then something about the drastic differences correlating to other matters:) haha...we couldn't resist ribbing the other side either, if the situation was reversed, could we? *chuckles*

Sue, you would be perfect as a new fan-mail staff member under Mum Armitage's tutelage. You might want to emphasize your internet expertise and zero in on any new position that requires direct communication to NZ.*thud,thud* Then again, if that happens, we'd probably lose your valuable input here....*rethinking this recommendation through as I type away*

As we say on twitter...RT @Sue, if you do manage to snag one of those new jobs on RA's staff, please promise you'll return here often to fill us in on any/all news. Otherwise, continue enjoying your retirement. *we do have our priorities in order:*)

Ricrar said...

p.s. No one will ever be called disrespectful for mentioning the possibility the presence of his mum might curtail RA's lovelife in NZ. That's a reality of life for all single men and mentioning it in a lighthearted way gives the vast majority of RA fans a good laugh.

Those who try to make a religion out of never mentioning anything personal about him are living in a dreamworld. A celebrity knows he's chosen a profession that requires sharing his life, to a certain extent, with his fans. Richard has been very open in many ways and considering his great sense of humor, IMO he'd most likely chuckle away with us on that particular topic.

Remember when he told a reporter he'd remarked to his mum that her generation didn't discuss sex often enough. Wasn't that interview during the Between the Sheets promotions?

Sue said...

RiCrAr,

I must admit I always hated being a secretary, being the dogsbody for some bad tempered boss, plus I hated being indoors all day cooped up in an office. Now I work outdoors most of the time, although I still have to spend the obligatory time in front of a computer, which I don't mind doing when the weather is bad.

Mind you I can just imagine Richard being the pefect boss I'd always dreamed of! Just think I could be sitting there notebook in hand, when suddenly Richard would breeze in and say to me "come into my office Susan, there's something I'd like you to take down for me". Boy he'd be trampled in the rush! (Of course he would want to dictate a letter to me, hence the "take something down for me" - what else did you think I meant!) Mind you I'd have to brush up on my shorthand, I can take it down quick enough, the problem is I can't read the ruddy thing back!