October 4, 2013

Richard Armitage:Another Dwarf Comments + Tweets from Scotland + New Photoshoot Pic + Richard III Screenwriter says she's talking with Hollywood about a movie on said Monarch and She wants Richard Armitage to play the role.(See below)

Ya know, the watch Richard says belonged to Lucas really does look very familiar...wonder why;)  Maybe because I've seen it almost everyday for 3yrs??(Look at the header and ye shall see it too) OMG! I just checked and it's 4yrs this Nov. *Whew!* I return to this RA blog the way the Lucas watch returns to RA. Karma...in the stars?...coinkydink? 
INTERVIEW EXCERPT:So what's the deal with that watch you always wear Richard?!
"Is it this one? [lifts up sleeve to reveal a very fancy watch]This was a prop from Spooks!"
He goes on to tell the story: "One day they saythat the woman from Swatch is coming to give you one for your character, there were three of them. And you know Swatch is like those rubber watches. And they turned up and these were like Omega watches and they said yea they’re the same company! So I picked this watch for the character which I thought was kind of cool and when the series ended they said ‘we can’t sell this so you can have it!’ And I’ve never owned an Omega watch before so I said ‘I’ll take that!’"
We then asked if it just became the fancy watching he wears everywhere?
"Well I don’t know I never thought it was fancy at the time and I kept leaving it in the gym and they kept saying I shouldn’t because it’s quite an expensive watch. But it’s managed to keep finding its way back to me so it’s my favourite watch, it’s my only watch!"
- See more at: http://clickonline.com/movies/richard-armitage-reveals-the-mystery-behind-his-everpresent-watch/20532/#sthash.ni5PeQua.dpuf
Kelvarhin: I’ve gotten the impression that filming The Hobbit was quite gruelling at times for the actors involved. Did you find that it required more physical preparation than other films/roles you’ve had?
Jed: Yes, without a doubt this is the toughest film physically I have ever been a part of. I am sure it is the same story for the Other Dwarves as well. We were lucky to be given so much time and help to get us to the fitness levels required for this shoot. I was lucky enough to train alongside Richard Armitage a lot during the early part of the shoot and again on location, and he inspired me to train the hardest I ever have for anything. He is so strong mentally and physically and like his character I felt compelled to follow him. Graham McTavish too. And the great team of Stunt performers, we all pushed each other to succeed. Myself and Mark Hadlow and Adam Brown occasionally trained together and that was great for our bonding.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2013-10-04/screenwriter-wants-richard-armitage-as-richard-iii-in-film/
 
Screenwriter wants Richard Armitage as Richard III in film

Last updated Fri 4 Oct 2013










Screenwriter and author, Philippa Langley, has confirmed she is involved with talks over a potential Hollywood film about King Richard III, and she wants Leicestershire actor Richard Armitage to play the leading role.
Speaking at the launch of her new book on the last Plantagenet King, she picks out the Spooks and Hobbit star as her choice to play Richard III, but does not know if it he wants to take on the part.
Fellow dwarf Graham McTavish has a role in upcoming tv series Outlander which is currently shooting in Scotland.  Must be quiet up there judging from this series of his tweets.  First & last are about RA.  Funny mental image is inevitable after reading...
  1. : Laughing my head off! Yes, that counts. ........Did he enjoy it? xD”It was a bit bumpy I think...
  2. : I'm going on an adventure will you come with me?”Count me in!
  3. : it's my birthday on wednesday what alcohol would the dwarves recommend to celebrate?”The strong kind....
  4. : Could you lift Richard? :D”Once had to run with him over my shoulder in training. Does that count?
Greatly looking forward to the Outlander series - First of many links with interesting details:
Latest development in the meow/woof incident. It appears he might be warming up to the idea.
   

3 comments:

cleopatraascreenplay said...

Morning, Ricrar! Sigh. Love that Sir Guy poster for 2006. Makes a gal want to embrace evil if it looks like Richard Armitage as Sir Guy of Gisborne! But, you know, he's the deputy! He's not the Sheriff. So maybe embracing evil is not necessary after all :) :) :)

Love all the kitty cat photos. They really are all little baby lions, you know. Did you ever try messing with a kitty cat?

Can't wait to hear more about the Jekyll movie musical....now that would be fun!!!! Cheers!

Ricrar said...

Yes, Cleo, I messed with a kitty cat growing up - mother always had a dog and cat. Then when our son was about 2yrs old we adopted a kitten for him. In fact, his cat lived a couple yrs beyond our son's entrance to college. Today, he's about to receive his Master's, and just had another junior-high history textbook published--this time the Korean War is the focus. In addition, he and his wife also have their own adorable cat named Murphy.

The 2006 Guy photo is a magazine cover. Somehow Robin always manages to get cropped out of them. How does that happen?;) *chuckles*

cleopatraascreenplay said...

Hi, Ricrar! I only meant that even small cats are ferocious! I wouldn't want to be the one to mess with them! They're all lions at heart :) So, guys who like cats are ok by me :) They don't have to like only lions. Cats a very manly.

Don't get me started on Robin.... I am a DEVOTED Sir Guy fan!!!!!!!!

Hope you're having a great weekend. Really love the new winter blue peacoat pic. Cheers!