June 15, 2010

The May-December Marriage Poll


Would you have said it?  Have you seen the latest flap at the recent Tony Awards ceremony? If you were also in a May-December marriage (he's 65yrs old, she's 40) would you have said a similar remark?
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Catherine-Zeta-Jones-Apologises-For-Tony-Awards-Speech/Article/201006315649471?f=rss

'Crass' Zeta-Jones Sorry Over Tony Speech

Tuesday June 15, 2010  -  Hannah Stott, Sky News Online

Catherine Zeta-Jones has apologised for her less than dignified acceptance speech at the Tony awards in New York

The actress gave an over-zealous performance after she won the best leading actress gong for her role in Broadway musical A Little Night Music.

It was the end of her gushing speech, however, which has prompted the 40-year-old Welsh star to apologise.

Referring to her husband, actor Michael Douglas, she said: "See that man there? He's a movie star and I get to sleep with him every night."

The crowd at the Radio City Music Hall seemed to like it as they roared approval, but later she admitted the comment was "crass".

Zeta-Jones is reported to have said: "It wasn't the most elegant thing to say, was it? I was so caught up in the moment I don't think I knew what I was saying.

"I had no control of what was coming out of my mouth.

"Standing up there I felt speechless, but obviously I said something, but it was such a surprise that my brain didn't really connect to my mouth.

"What I said about Michael was heartfelt. Although thinking about it now I can't believe I said something as crass as that.

"Boy, I could have said something worse and then I'd really be in trouble.

"Mind you, the problem with saying that I get to sleep with Michael every night is that it was done on television and it's on tape forever".

Zeta-Jones and Douglas have two children Dylan Michael, 9, and Carys Zeta, 7, and have been married for almost 10 years



No comments: