New artwork for The Desolation of Smaug..
Sexiest voices: Of course, we all know RA is #1 but won't be greedy, at least we squeaked by Smaug this time..
Our crazy uncle in proverbial attic is Charlemagne:
This NationalGeographic.com article explains how there comes a point in history when "all individuals who have any descendants among the present-day individuals" (that's us) "are actually ancestors of all present-day individuals."
and "all Europeans alive today have among their ancestors the same man or woman who lived around 1400 ... About a thousand years ago, a peculiar situation prevailed: 20 percent of the adult Europeans alive in 1000 would turn out to be the ancestors of no one living today (that is, they had no children or all their descendants eventually died childless); each of the remaining 80 percent would turn out to be a direct ancestor of every European living today."
Don't care if the following style is authentic to the period or not -- like it!